As a homeowner, it’s only natural to want to be able to maintain your property’s excellent condition. The Australian environment and climate can be especially tough on residential structures, so it’s best to ensure that only the finest materials make up your house.
ZINCALUME® Gutters and COLORBOND® Gutters may not be the first home features that come to mind as essential in upholding your home’s structural integrity, but they actually play a crucial role. The primary function of your gutters is to draw water away from your interior walls and basement so that costly water damage can be prevented.
As such, when the time has come to replace your old or damaged gutters, your best home improvement decision would be to pick a product that is known for topnotch quality as well as aesthetic appeal. Colorbond guttering fits the bill nicely.
A trusted name
Colorbond gutters are manufactured in Australia following stringent Australian Standards (AS1397 and AS/NZS 2728). The manufacturer, which has been testing the product against the unique Australian conditions over the last 50 years, promises more than just “paint on steel” with its guttering products.
Why should you be assured of quality? The answer is simple: Colorbond makes steel gutters with the same five-layer technology as its industry-leading roofing products. Each gutter is composed of the following:
• A steel base that complies with the Australian Standards’ required grade and strength.
• A metallic coating that provides enhanced corrosion resistance, thanks to Bluescope’s Activate technology.
• A pretreatment layer that works to ensure the optimal adhesion of additional layers.
• A primer designed to inhibit corrosion, which is baked onto the steel gutter.
• Lastly, a specially developed topcoat of exterior grade paint, also baked onto the sheet; this layer provides the exceptional resistance to flaking, chipping and blistering that Colorbond steel is known for.
What’s more, DIY enthusiasts will have no problem sourcing Colorbond gutters. Trusted online Bluescope suppliers can help you find exactly what you need — no more hopping from one store to another to fill your order. From the convenience of your own home, or even while you are on the go, you can go online to purchase your gutters. These online retailers also offer the lowest prices and can delivery promptly to your location.
When it’s time to repair or replace your home’s gutters, the top brands should be your only choice. Ensure a successful home improvement project by relying only on Colorbond flashings & guttering products to add superior function and beauty to your property.